We can help you maximise the value of your current car, get an even better deal on your next purchase, and make the whole process as smooth as possible.
Changing your car does not have to be a time consuming & complicated process. Talk to one of our experts and know that your decision is the right one and we will take care of the rest.
What is Part-Exchange?
Part-exchange is the process of using your current vehicle as a part-payment against the cost of a new one. You can part-exchange your current vehicle for any new or used car.
- Convenience - It's really easy to arrange the sale of your current vehicle to the dealership from where you are buying your new car.
- Time-saving- Once everything is agreed, you simply drive to the dealership in your old car, and drive away in your new one.
- Hassle-free- We take care of all the paperwork and can help settle any existing finance as part of the deal on a new one at the same time you trade it in.
- Simplicity- We'll take any car or van in part-exchange, whatever the age, mileage, or condition. We'll even accept more than one car at the same time.
- Great price- Because we're able to sell or trade your car without going through a third party buying service first, we can give you our best possible price.
- Loyalty bonus - It's common for vehicle manufacturers to offer additional loyalty bonuses when trading in your car for a new one from the same brand.
- Scrappage schemes- Some car makers will offer extra financial incentives when trading in an older vehicle for a brand new one.
- Safety and security- Part exchanging your car with a reputable brand like Trophy Cars means your funds will be transferred safely and securely into your bank account.
How does it work?
It couldn't be simpler! It involves these following steps:
- Find a car that you like from us.
- Bring your current car into us for an accurate valuation. At the same time, you can agree on a deal for your new car.
- When you come to pick up your new car, we'll take care of all that boring paperwork.
- We'll exchange keys and you can be on your way.
What documents do I need?
When trading your vehicle, you will need to bring the following items:
- Logbook (V5C)
- MOT Certificate (if applicable)
- Service history documentation
- Spare keys
- Locking wheel nut key
- Vehicle manual
If your vehicle is on finance, we may need some additional documentation, including:
- Driving licence
- Utility bill or bank statement dated from the last 90 days
- Details of the finance company
- An up to date settlement figure
What will be the part-exchange value of my car?
It all depends on the car itself taking into consideration its age, mileage, condition, and service history.
How to get the most amount of money for your part exchange.
There are a few simple steps you can take to maximise the value of your part exchange.
- Firstly, it's important that you have all of the correct documentation and important vehicle items as listed above.
- Making sure the interior and exterior of your car are clean and tidy helps too.
- Ensure there are no warning lights illuminated on the dashboard.
- Consider getting a new MOT - having less than three months MOT remaining can reduce a vehicle's value.
What happens to my part exchanged car?
After you have part exchanged your car with us, one of two things will happen. If it meets our criteria for retail sale, we will perform a series of mechanical and cosmetic checks, and prepare it to become one of our approved used cars. If it doesn't meet certain age, condition, or mileage criteria, we will sell the car through a vehicle trader auction.